I haven’t posted that much this week…why? There are two reasons.
- I’ve been trying to figure out a couple of decent plots for short story competitions I want to enter in the next few months.
- I’ve been reading a lot, but not finishing anything.
As it turns out, this picture is just a sample of the books currently on my TBR list. I took it a bit over a week ago, and in that time I have finished exactly one book in this pile. I am half-way through another two. Note that I said this is only a sample.
It does not include
- Novels in a series that I’ve already read but want to revisit before the next release
- Books I haven’t actually gotten my hands on yet
- A couple of books I’d totally forgotten I’d bought (that happens to everyone, right?)
In reality, my TBR pile is probably close to twice this size…and I’m really starting to lose track of it. I’ve even resorted to listing books in a word document, and ticking them off as I read them, but lately it feels like for every book I tick off, I’m adding another two or three I haven’t got to yet.
I’m sure I’m not alone here…since I started blogging I’ve found many other bloggers publishing long lists of books they want to read (which is possibly a factor in the recent blow-out in my own list!) I’m open to suggestions. How do you deal with the TBR?