It’s Another Reading Challenge!
It’s back! Karen at Books and Chocolate is once again hosting the Back to the Classics Challenge! While I’m still a day or so off finishing the 2014 challenge, I thought I’d get in early and announce my 2015 reading list. There are some fascinating categories in the 2015 list, and, like as in 2014, I’ve already picked out the books I want to attempt.
1. A 19th Century Classic Jules Verne – Journey to the Centre of the Earth (1864)
2. A 20th Century Classic E. M. Forster – A Passage to India (1924)
3. A Classic by a Woman Author Virginia Woolf – Mrs Dalloway (1925)
4. A Classic in Translation Alexandre Dumas – The Count of Monte Cristo (1844)
5. A Very Long Classic Novel V. S. Naipaul – A House for Mr Biswas (1961)
6. A Classic Novella Franz Kafka – The Metamorphosis (1912)
7. A Classic with a Person’s Name in the Title Charles Dickens – Oliver Twist (1838)
8. A Humorous or Satirical Classic Miguel de Cervantes – Don Quixote (1605)
9. A Forgotten Classic Rudyard Kipling – Kim (1901)
10. A Nonfiction Classic Frederick Douglass – Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (1845)
11. A Classic Children’s Book Frances Hodgson Burnett – A Little Princess (1905)
This lot ought to make 2015 interesting! Reviews will be linked to this post as I complete each book.